REASONS YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE MESSING WITH AN AUTISM MOM.
- Some of us have given up on social skills and don’t care what we say or do.
- We’re not afraid to have a serious “meltdown” of our own.
- We are tired and all the patience we have are for our kids.
- We have a far shorter fuse for nonsense as a result of our responsibilities but a FAR thicker skin….
- We can get you in a hold/lockdown position in less than 3.5 secs.
- We can shoot you a look that would make a linebacker tremble in his boots!
- Chances are it’s been awhile since we’ve had a full night of sleep and that will give us a reason to plead insanity!
- Our tolerance and patience is for our children who didn’t choose to have special needs, not for someone who CHOOSES to behave inappropriately and is ABLE to control their actions.
- We’re probably already on edge and it would be stupid to push us over.
- We are sleep deprived and already defensive, and we spend all of our patience on our children, doctors, therapists, social workers and teachers, why would we waste an ounce of it on a total stranger?
- We’ve had to fight from the moment of our child’s birth so by the time you piss us off we’re seasoned battlers who could win a war.
- We devote our lives to our children and don’t need more stress and people who don’t understand our life.
- Wherever there is a cub, there is a mama bear….We’re always watching.
This list was compiled from responses shared on our Facebook page at:
- Posted in: Uncategorized